Find out how we can help you today!
Therapeutic exercise is the systematic performance or execution of planned physical movements or activities intended to enable the patient or client to remediate or prevent impairments of body functions and structures, enhance activities and participation, reduce risk, optimize overall health, and enhance fitness and well-being. Therapeutic exercise may include aerobic and endurance conditioning and reconditioning, agility training, body mechanics training, breathing exercises, coordination exercises, developmental activities training, muscle lengthening, movement pattern training, neuromotor development activities training, neuromuscular education or reeducation, perceptual training, range of motion exercises and soft tissue stretching, relaxation exercises, and strength, power, and endurance exercises. Whether you are recovering from a strain or sprain injury or you have had an Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair (ACL) or a Rotator Cuff Repair (RTC) you will be prescribed some therapeutic exercises.
- Enhance bone density
- Enhance breathing
- Enhance or maintain physical performance
- Improve safety
- Increase aerobic capacity/endurance
- Increase muscle strength, power, and endurance
- Enhance postural control and relaxation
- Increase sensory awareness
- Increase tolerance of activity
- Prevent or remediate impairments in body functions and structures, activity limitations, and participation restrictions to improve physical function
- Enhance health, wellness, and fitness
- Reduce complications, pain, restriction, and swelling
- Reduce fall risk
- Increase safety during activity performance