OCCUPATIONAL / HAND THERAPY
Find out how we can help you today!
Occupational / Hand Therapy
This type of rehabilitation therapy is often performed by an occupational therapist for patients that suffer from conditions affecting the hands and upper extremities. Occupational therapists help people in all stages of life participate in the things they want and need to do through the therapeutic use of everyday activities (occupations).
Patients who are candidates for hand therapy may have been affected by an accident or trauma leaving them with wounds, scars, burns, injured tendons or nerves, fractures, or amputations of the fingers, hands or arms. Others include patients who suffer from conditions such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tennis elbow, surgical interventions of the hand and elbow, or chronic problems such as arthritis or neurologic conditions like strokes.
Glinn and Giordano’s Occupational Therapists will restore your range of motion (ROM), progress your strength, and improve your function to allow you to return to your home, work, and hobbies without limitations.
- Activity and environmental modifications
- Adaptive Equipment training
- Custom splints and orthotics for hands, wrist, elbow, fingers
- Joint protection techniques
- Manual therapy
- Strength, coordination, and flexibility exercises
- Work conditioning
Common conditions treated
- Brain Injury
- Chronic pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Fractures of the elbow, wrist, and hand
- Surgeries of the elbow, wrist, and hand
- Sports injuries
- Tendon injuries, sprains, strains
- Traumatic amputations
- Work injuries
Occupational Therapy Services at Glinn and Giordano are offered at the Southwest location.